Our Installation Guide
Let our installation team deliver and install your new home appliance.We offer a range of installation and disposal packages.Please discuss your requirements with our sales staff before you purchase.
- Laundry and Dishwashing appliances, ensure your waste pipe, water supply and electricity connections are no more than 1m away from where the appliance will be.
- For freestanding appliances, ensure you have a 13 amp 3 pin plug socket for connection.
- Unless it's a condenser tumble dryer, ensure there is an existing vent near the intended location
- Ensure the appliance fits in your chosen location. Call us, we are here to help.
- For integrated and semi-integrated installations, make sure your kitchen units are able to house the new appliance - alterations to modify units may be available, please ask at time of purchase.
- If you're having a hob installed, check it will fit in the space allocated - we can only make minor alterations to some types of worktop.
- For a hob or cooker, check the space around the heat source is in line with the recommended dimensions. As a general guide the hood should be 50cm above an electric hob or 65cm for a gas hob. The side and rear space required around a hob is generally 5cm.
Before we deliver:
- For installation, please drain or wipe out your current appliance.
- For disposal, please drain or clear out your current appliance. If we aren't installing your new appliance, please also disconnect your current appliance.
- Identify where the mains water switch is in your home - check you can switch it off.
Additional important information:
- If your water connection valve is seized due to limescale, we cannot fix this and you may need to source your own plumber.
- We can only install if there is adequate water pressure for the appliance.
- Our installation and disposal services are subject to availability.
- We reserve the right to refuse to collect any item we believe constitutes a health and safety risk to our employees, or anyone working on our behalf.
As part of this service we will:
- Unpack your new product, remove and dispose of the packaging (Re-cycle)
- Remove the plinths and panel door of your old appliance
- Connect the new appliance to existing pipework or electric supply
- Do any basic carpentry work required (e.g. drilling holes, cutting work top for a bigger hob)
- Level and fit neatly in the space where possible
- Fit the existing panel door to the new appliance
- Remove the old appliance for re-cycling
Before ordering installation, you should ensure that:
- The existing panel door is in a suitable condition to be re-fitted.
- Your appliance will fit into the existing housing
- There is easy access to the existing pipework
- Your stop valves are working correctly (For connection of any wet appliance)
- There is sufficient access for ventilation tubes (tumble dryers)
What we do not do:
- Make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
- Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
- Connect the appliance if it does not meet safety guidelines
- Install cooker hoods, unless by seperate negotiation.
- Make any alterations to stone worktops