Eleven Pipers piping
With only a few days until "The most magical time of the year" I thought it was time to give you some of my favourite steam cooking recipes, these are either dishes we have prepared in the showroom during demonstrations or given to us by our home economist friends at Miele or AEG, so you know they're well tested and approved. Below I hope you find a good selection of food for all occasions with plenty of scope for adding your own twist or version.
STEAMED BEEF BIRYANI
Ingredients 2 tablespoons oil,1 large onion, finely chopped,3 garlic cloves, crushed,500 grams beef mince,1 tsp ground cardamom,¼ tsp cinnamon,¼ tsp turmeric,2 tsp garam masala,2 tsp cumin,1 tsp curry powder,¼ tsp ground cloves,3 curry leaves,1 cup basmati (long grain rice),1 cup frozen peas,2 cups vegetable stock Garnish,3Tb Toasted almond flakes,1Tb chopped coriander.
- Preheat combination steam oven/steam oven to full steam.
- In a medium sized pan, that can go from stove/oven, place chopped onion and vegetable oil, cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until they soften, add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add ground spices, curry leaf, toss around pan and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add beef mince cook for 2 minutes, constantly breaking the meat up, add rice, peas and stir through, the mixture will look very messy, add vegetable stock, sprinkle with salt and pepper, allow to reach a boil while on the stove top. Place into combination steam oven/steam oven and steam for 30minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds and coriander and serve.
Steamed beef fillet with mustard cream
Ingredients,Beef fillet,Olive oil,Black pepper,150ml sour cream,50ml mayonnaise,3 teaspoons of horseradish cream,2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard,Sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- Cut fillet of beef in half lengthways, brush lightly with oil.
- Sear beef quickly in a hot pan until browned on all sides, on Induction hob.
- Place beef in solid container in Steam oven 100c for 10 minutes
- When cooked, cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- While meat is resting, combine mustard cream ingredients.
- Serve with mustard cream and French bread.
Steam oven Pea and Mint Soup
ingredients 1 tablespoon butter,1 large onion – chopped,2 cloves garlic – chopped,1 litre (1 ¾ pints) warm stock – chicken, ham or vegetable,750g (1lb 10oz) frozen garden peas – defrosted,55g (2oz) fresh pea shoots + a few extra to decorate (optional),Mint leaves picked from 3-4 sprigs of fresh mint,200ml (1/3 pint) crème fraiche ,1 teaspoon Black pepper,Salt to taste.
- To make the soup, place the sliced spring onions in a solid steam container with the olive oil. Put the container into the Miele steam oven and steam at 100°C for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and vegetable stock to the container and steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the steam oven. Add in the mint and pea shoots. Blitz the soup using a hand blender until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the soup into warm cappuccino cups and Garnish with the pea shoots. Serve immediately.
INDIVIDUAL CHRISTMAS PUDDINGS
INGREDIENTS 12TB mince fruit (approx. 400grams),60 grams butter (softened)1/2 Cup white sugar,1/2Cup brown sugar,2 eggs,1 ½ SR flour,1 tsp vanilla bean paste. Custard to serve on top.
- Pre heat combination steam oven to full steam.
- Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes, add vanilla bean paste.
- Lightly whisk egg, add into mixture fold through flour.
- Spray a 12 hole silicone muffin tray place onto a biscuit tray. Place 1Tb of fruit mince at the bottom of each muffin hole. Fold the remaining fruit into the cake mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the 12 hole muffin pan.
- Place into oven, cook for 12 minutes.
- Invert a pudding onto each plate, drizzle with custard.
If that's not enough to be going on with please follow the link below to Miele's vast recipe collection .